Peaknit

Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's been a Fetching weekend!


And so it has - I finished up my fetching mitts last night - I made a mistake or two on the cables but in the long run it may have helped me figure them out. I am not real sure about the picot edge and have seen other posts with a regular bind off - I think when I make my next pair I will also do a plain-jane bind off to keep the top from curling to let the wind in. I'm already plotting how to get some Debbie Bliss cashmerino at the LYS with the screwed up hours, so good sign it was a slick and easy project. I made this pair with Cascade 220 Superwash. Also I really do have 5 fingers but it's that 80's hairband influence, ROCK ON!

I was grateful today to walk through the hellishly hectic mall - egads, 42 days of holiday shopping remain - and have my six-year-old's warm little hand in my own - probably won't be long before she is saying "aw mom, I'm too big." Good to appreciate the little things. It's been a mindful weekend - first the holiday lights, and now this - good to be aware of those seemingling unimportant little goodies - tis the season to be conscious of what really matters before everything gets overwraught with ridiculousness and materialism, cause it happens, just the way it is...so today's mantra is "go with the flow, I am blessed."

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

Cool Gloves! I love the gratitude aspect of this entry! I could have used a heavy dose of that yesterday! I really had my grump on!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turned out great! Can's see any mistake!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Smart lady to know that the time will go much faster then you think. Enjoy the moments while they are happening. They make wonderful memories.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home