Peaknit

Monday, November 06, 2006

What a weekend!!


I had a yarnific weekend - okay that's a little cheesy - but the weekend was full of dee-licious knitting spoils. First I went with a couple of friends to several shops in Illinois - first The Fold in Marengo...for the infamous Socks that Rock - which unfortunately was with the owner in Lake Tahoe at a spinning social, waaaa - so no STR for me, though I did find a skein of richly colored Mountain Colors. But the crown piece was Wool and Company in Geneva. Geneva was a darling and seemingly sophisticated town, it had enough funky little shops to keep me entertained for a whole day - only we didn't have that long. But the shop will be put to the top of my "favorite places" list. I scored some gorgeous and uber-soft Malbrigo that I think could make a fine "My So-Called Scarf", some Blue Sky Alpaca for some fingerless mitts I am trying to figure out and some Koigu for my Hot Socks partner - that is if I can part with it. We also had a nice lunch at a steak house though one of my co-conspirators suggested a place along the way that offered jello-wrestling on the marquis - not this trip!!


After the successful yarn crawl I came home to my Secret Pal 9 goodie box - hurray! I got the new book YarnPlay - Scout J has been pimping it (so it has to be good right?) Well, it is! Beautiful pictures and many funky projects. I need to really sit down and spend some time pouring over it. I also got several candy bars and a truffle from Godiva - decadence - and the cutest little lamb that my 18-month-old wanted so badly I had to hide it - so it didn't make the picture. But many thanks Secret Pal!! (I have already devoured one candy bar...I'm trying so very hard to linger and savor them!! Practice makes perfect...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Life's short - eat chocolate first. :)

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it :-)

SP

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home