Peaknit

Saturday, October 28, 2006

It feels like Christmas!


This week has been such a fabulous week - the week has been a delight simply because of what I keep finding in my mailbox. Gosh, people must wonder if I ever even knit - or do I just get packages?! I am a bit of a fiber collector but really, I do knit. Today I got my package from my partner, Ruth from New Jersey, for the Hot Socks Swap on the Townsend Yahoo! group. I am giddy. We were only assigned partners 6 days ago...I dream of pals as attentive as Ruth. I am still waiting for her yarn to arrive - yikes!

I received the most gorgeous, rich skein of Cherry Tree Hill in Peacock - freakin' delicious. She also included a pattern for Aran Braid socks - which has the most unusual heel. And strangely I have been considering a very similar pattern for her. I digress - because there was also decadent chocolate truffles, hot chocolate and the coolest double pointed needle holder - an ingenious little design to keep my dpn's under control - I'll be organizing those today - I think I have 10 pairs of size 2, acquired during the quest for the perfect needle that won't break under the pressure my tight gauge!



Now to knit...I am finishing up Backyard Leaves, a couple of more repeats to go...and I am nearly to the foot of my Jaywalker and my Noro Sweater has two front pieces, a back and a tad of sleeve done. I could see a race ensuing...I think the BYL scarf will pull out ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gramknits said...

Great yarn. Does it feel as "squissy" as it looks. I love it. I think I might be a bit green with envy.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was your week!
P.S. will write you soon - I am in quite mess right now!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thank you so much for the lovely complements. I got so many on Swallowtail! I'm jealous of all your goodies! Especially the Cherry Tree Hill... :)

Onward with the Backyard Leaves!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home