Peaknit

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hell-ooo Kitty!


Oh. My. G-d. I came home to the most fabulous mail day - I can barely describe it. I got two packages...one, a gorgeous skein SP9 exclusive yarn which I will save to talk about another day as it was totally trumped by...the second, my prize for winning the Funky Socks category. I'm telling you, this turned a rainy day right around for me. Thank you to Aloha & Oreos...because quite simply - you ROCK!! I received some serious swag! The most gorgeous Halloweeny (that makes it sound dirty *grin*) sock yarn - an awesome colorway called Candy Corn by sKNITches. Wow, it could have stopped there...but NO - a wonderful little fabric bag full of things I would totally wish for but no one would think to buy for me - Hello Kitty was the theme - a childhood warm fuzzy - a Pez dispenser (to put by the one I already have bought myself - I thought I was the only grown-up who coveted such things... I mean, has Miss Aloha and Oreos been peeking in my house? I think I love her!), a nail file, 3 packages of post-its (I have never seen Hello Kitty on post-it flags before and I shop at Target people!), Halloween stitch markers, cuticle oil with real flowers in it, a cute sticker, candy and a kind note. I was completely blown away and giddy by the generosity and thoughtfulness. Three Cheers for Aloha and Oreos! Thank you so much from the bottom of my Hello Kitty lovin' heart!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

yay! i'm glad you liked everything! i'm a closet PEZ lover myself and a total post-it whore. post-its are the new bookmarker! i also think every knitter should take care of their hands. i, for one, am perpetually looking at mine as i knit.
those hello kitty paraphanelia are unique to hawaii, i hear. :) well, the post-its and nail file, anyway...and how cool is that colorway? candy corn! i love it. i *heart* self-striping yarn in fun colors :) :) :) anyway, thanks again for playing!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your luuuucky day, honey! Just enjoy it!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

I love it. Lucky you - have fun with all the goodies.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home