Peaknit

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

When knitting drives you to drink...


It happened to me - I love, love Annie Modesitt's Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style - it is also featured in the special holiday Interweave (which my lys had for sale BEFORE the date it was going to be displayed - weee!) Anyways - wow, the pattern was trying to kill me, I was sure of it. After many tries, stomping about and throwing yarn and needles...let me say I am stubborn, er maybe we could call it persistent. I WAS slaying this dragon dammit! Bartender give me a Peel (incidentally, these Rock! Blueberry Pomegranite, sounds almost healthy!?) So by now I think I have the pattern licked, I was again the boss of this yarn, but could another part this disaster be the yarn choice...Classic Elite Waterlilly...I think it's be too chunky to show off the leaves, even going up 2 needle sizes - waaa, back to the drawing board. Good things Peels are in a four-pack - not that I drank 4, but you know, I felt like I really should.

Hence the second chapter...tonight I just happened to have some Rowan Cashoft in gorgeous red laying on my counter - because you know any addicted devoted knitter has yarn in the line of vision at all times. I spontaneously thought "this would make an awesome Backyard Leaves scarf! Aw too bad I already started in green...*gulp* I could start over..."


I think now that I'm running this pattern - *hitch up pants* I am going to be a smarty, and switch up the color - ha. So I wasted 3 hours freaking out trying to learn this pattern on yarn I would frog - no one is the wiser, right?

...Wait, didn't I hear it's SOCKTOBERFEST? Good grief, wrestling with a scarf...what am I doing? Maybe just one more teensy Peel will lend me some guidance...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am usually turning into alchohilic during summer vacations with family (Cherry Brandy are my best girlfriends!)

I knitted that scarf last winter and I wish you all luck with pattern, because the final result is amazing. If you need any help just ask!
BTW, did you receive my e-mail?

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to knit that scarf FOREVER! I can't wait to see yours finished, whether in the green or red. I love cashsoft and that color is amazing!

wow, that peels sounds reeeeallly good... after winding up the enormous pile of yarn on my coffee table I think I could definitely use one!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home