Peaknit

Monday, October 02, 2006

Ah, I ran, I ran so far away...well, not that far really but I ran!

I need to shout out a thank you to a fellow blogger over at Chicken Knits for a little motivation. She wrote about being inspired to run by "a lady at the gym", and I sure needed some inspiration. So offroad I went...I made it 3 miles - now, I confess didn't run the whole time. I'm excusing myself because I did forget to take a "hit" off of my inhaler before I left and I have a chest cold/ sore throat thing - but man, did it feel good to just try to move my feet after weeks of avoiding running, telling myself "I hate running" - pretty much because I am not too good at it, I usually avoid things I am not good at - my type A personality shining through. I came straight home and signed up for a 5k event my friend has challenged me to do - without of course thinking about finding a babysitter - oops! It will work out - I'm motivated - well, today anyways - thanks blogging friend for commenting on my blog so I could find you!

Another high point - my scarf pal contacted me today to let me know I may be getting my scarf soon - woo hoo!! The suspense is killing me! Meanwhile I am 12 rows away from finishing mine, I will post a picture once it is blocked. *cheer*

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You rock! 3 miles is something to be really proud of. Remember it isn't about time. It's all about finishing. At least, that's my motto because I'm slow as slow can be!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry up with scarf - can't wait to see your Liesel. BTW, mine is blocking and am having serious thoughts about knitting one just for me - but in some crazy colours, like neon orange!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home