Peaknit

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secret Pal 9 - Helloooo!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I really love sock yarns - there are so many incredible kinds on the internet. I am not crazy about angora, because I think the thought of it kind of makes me itchy:) Is it wrong to just flat out hate acrylic? I think getting further into knitting has made me boycott the cheaper stuff because I'm thinking for the effort, I want to use a little more enjoyable yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I stick them in a crock and I have a Lantern Moon folding case which is not really practical. I'm always looking for a better way to organize,

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting about three years - I am an addict. I have taken a lot of classes to learn new things, I have learned everything at some LYS or another. I think intermediate best describes me.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? not really

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I like cozy fall scents - I think it's because of the leaves turning, apples in season and pumpkins at the roadside stands.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh lord, do I ever have a sweet tooth and fillings to prove it. I think chocolate - preferably milk chocolate - is my favorite thing. But I am always grabbing up any new little weird candy I find at the gas station!!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin and I think I don't want to learn because I am afraid I'll like it...I am over my head in crafts! I like to sew and scrapbook - I'll try anything once!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all music, I think except country...I like 80's hair bands, relaxing Michael Buble (?) and yoga soundtracks. I have a Nano that I drag everywhere - I have been listening to Lime N Violet's podcasts lately

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I really like pink with brown, purple with greens together or separately. I also like red. I'm not crazy about yellow I guess.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a husband, two daughters - 1 and 6 years old, a couple of old Tom cats and a dog...

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and mittens. I look ridiculous in hats and ponchos:) I've tried both wth bad results!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit socks. I also like to make felted things - Noni purses or mittens. I have also been enjoying lace lately - I particularly have a fetish for leaf lace patterns.

13. What are you knitting right now? A lace scarf for my Scarf Exchange pal, a pair of fan and feather socks AND a bag to felt. Oh and I'm about to start a sweater and I am working on some Jaywalker socks too!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes! I like to give them too - to people who understand the time and care that goes into them.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like straight and circular - depending on the project. I prefer natural material - wood, bamboo, ebony. I'm looking for dpn's that won't break under my tight tension!!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have both - I love them!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh boy...if we were talking quilting, I have a 10 year old project but knitting...I have 1/2 of a sock left to finish, I started them when I was in the hospital with my youngest daughter, so about 15 months.

18. What is your favorite holiday? I like Halloween and of course, Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect? I think sheep are just so cute - especially Shaun from Wallace and Gromit. I love stationary and stickers. I also collect books, I like to read.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Rowan. I think I have bought every knitting book there it! Seriously though, I would like to knit Ms. Marigold and Zephyr.com or Sizzle from Knitandtonic.com. I also would like to collect some more lace patterns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to give cables a whirl.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love socks, to wear, to knit - I wear an average womens size 7. Pretty standard foot.:)

23. When is your birthday? May 17th

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Hmmmm, after reading your answers I think I need to change some of mine, you made me think of other things to add :-) It's really nice to see a fellow Wallace and Gromet fan (CHEEEEEEESE)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home