Peaknit

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Leisel Blocks at last...


At long last - my ISE scarf, Leisel blocks - with a little encouragement from Sandra! *gratitude* I am a near virgin blocker so I have used the Yarn Harlot's method found here. If it works out, I think I have a shawl to re-block! I decided to try this method since I have no lace blocking wires and don't want any - I just keep thinking storage, ugh!

I am please with Leisel over all - my type A sees a couple of mistakes but unless you're really looking, it will be okay. My inside pictures are pretty crummy. I liked the Silky Wool by Elspeth Lavold except for the vegatable matter that I had to pick out pretty regularly and still, I don't think I found it all. I used just over 1 skein. Blocking took the scarf from about 42" to 60" - I hope that is long enough for my pal - she prefers longer, but I don't think this is really a scarf you'd wrap around your neck a few times, which is what I think when I think long..I'll keep my fingers crossed. I love the color, it is rich with some slight variation. I also enjoyed the pattern, the 10 row repeat was simple enough where I couldn't memorize it but I could see where I had been and where I was going. I now need to head out for some extra treats to toss in my secret pal package - how fun!



And now my ADD riddled head wanders...my good knitting friend turned me on to this exchange, hmmmm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liesel is GREAT!!!!! I am only sorry you didn't post it before I blocked mine, cause I could use Harlot's blocking method!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarf! Your pal's gonna love it!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home