Peaknit

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire...KSKS XOXO

The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors?
purple and pink - girly

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens?
I have only knit one pair of felted mittens - I covet them, they are so wonderful. But I have knit lots of socks and they share a lot of the same techniques.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
It really depends on the pattern for me - but I like the simplicity of solids and the added art of the variegated.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
probably wool - either to felt or a superwash

Where do you usually knit mittens? I knit part of my only pair at my desk on the day after Thanksgiving...shhhh, don't tell.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
In ziplocks bags, pathetic - but I also have a couple of felted bags I lug around with my baggies tucked in them.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?Gosh, I'm game for most anything. Cables frighten me a bit, but I'd like to try them. I am getting into doing fingerless mitts for holiday gifts this year.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
Again, I'm kind of a newbie - so any?

What new techniques would you like to try?
I am not sure - I feel like I am useless for information on mittens:)

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
I love to use double points, fun, fun!!

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Yarntini for socks, I like Lamb's Pride or Noro for felting, and Cashoft or something comparably soft for scarves or things next to the skin.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Yarntini...I'm thinking I will be coverting Socks that Rock soon, anything soft but not fun fur.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
A sweater coat from some cozy yarn like cashmerino or the Clapotis from something decadent.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I like bamboo or other natural material. I like circulars or dpns

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I'd like to be Yarntini - vibrant and full of personality - but I'm probably more like a superwash wool - reliable but nonassuming and a teeny bit introverted:)

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Chocolate, milk chocolate - mmmmm

What’s your favorite animal?
Probably cats, because I just love my boys - a pair of 12-year-old orange Tomcats

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
I live in Wisconsin - so both could be very useful!

If you were a color what color would you be?
Purple

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Water, rivers, an ocean - the sound of waves, the foam, the smell.


Do you have a wishlist?
Not really - well, I'd like a Toyota Rav4 or new Nissan Pathfinder to replace my old but good SUV, but neither would fit in a mailing envelope:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last answer make my night! Great!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home