Peaknit

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yarn diet woes and some projects put to bed...

Well, I trolled the internet today under the guise of looking for a more perfect yarn for my Townsend Yahoo Group Hot Sock Swap (there's a mouthful)...looking for that more perfect skein of something purple. It took me from Bluemoon Fiber Arts to Fleece Artist...oh, my hand wanted to push enter to "submit order" at a site with the lovely Fleece Artist - but I prevailed - no sock yarn but a terribly close call. So back to fingerless mitts I went. I finished these from Last Minute Knitted Gifts...



...and I started Fetching from Knitty - I have, gulp...cabled people! My buddy at Gramknits was right - it isn't near as scary at it sounds. Whew. So I plan to finish my first fetching tonight during Lost. I am really committed to the idea of many mitts for Christmas gifts - well, "many" may be a teeny bit of an overstatement - but I am thrilled to think I may be able to bestow my sweet mail lady with a pair - so much more practical than the Hershey's Pot of Gold last year. I mean, how many packages of candy do you think these people get? and I love the thought of pleasing people who least expect it.



I also grafted my Backyard Leaves scarf together. What a gnarly mess of grafting but it's wearable. (kind of sad when umpteen hours of work is reduced to wearable) I made it in Rowan Cashoft which in hindsight was not the best choice - it is too soft - imagine. It hardly looks blocked and the leaves kind of languish in the mix - but it is cozy. So next time - as if there'll be a next time at this pattern (well, you never know) I would use a more rigid yarn, like the Karabella 8 it suggests - why do I always insist on doing it my way? Well, anyways I was finally able to snap a picture, I confess to cursing when my 18-month-old grabbed it and made off with it. This kid will keep me on my toes - all I could think was "terrible two's huh? Go figure...(she is unplugging the vaccuum on my husband as I type...)

Does this look like the face of a child who would drive you to drink?


Okay - maybe I exaggerate :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It starts with glance like that. Glance that says "Mommy, look how cute I am", but everytime my kids looks li like that and everytime they are to still ... oh, boy I know there is storm coming!

Fingerless mits are great. Will most certainly knit pair for me, probably green as yours!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How freakin cute! That is quite a smirk on her :).

Your scarf looks great! Thank you mentioning about the "softness". I love cashsoft and if I were to make that scarf it would have been my first choice. Now I know I may need to find something else.

I may have a solution for your elusive purple yarn... if you haven't found it already :). I'll email you asap!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How freakin cute! That is quite a smirk on her :).

Your scarf looks great! Thank you mentioning about the "softness". I love cashsoft and if I were to make that scarf it would have been my first choice. Now I know I may need to find something else.

I may have a solution for your elusive purple yarn... if you haven't found it already :). I'll email you asap!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

dude, great minds think alike :) i must be pretty tuned to yours. hehe...

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home