Peaknit

Sunday, December 17, 2006

A day like this...

Its been long...my husband, I and the girls were up til after midnight last night enjoying Christmas with my in-laws. The kids were both so good - should have known pay back would come. You mess with a kid's schedule and that is what you get. So I sit back and sigh, kind of glad in some sense I have to go back to work tomorrow - I don't think another day like this would be a good thing. Sometimes I feel my youngest is God's way of challenging me to dig deep to be a good mother, sometimes I am sure I don't make the grade. For example - today my Christmas tree has come to this (I'd post a picture if one of my frustrations wasn't my computer savvy husband clearing everything out of the computer without talking to me, so no word prgram of any kind, no photo shop, no nothing - can't even get pictures off the camera - frustration #185 on the day)...but if you could see it, it has a barricade - a play yard, it's like a fort, safe from the little enemy. And bottom line, it's ugly. But it's that or Tutti climbing behind it into the bay window all day. So sigh again.

However, faith was strangely restored when the oddest thing happened. I was feeling frustrated about whatever - such a mixed bag of frustrations today - but I looked up and there is a white cat (a feline angel perhaps?) on my front deck looking in the window at me. As though sent from someone to remind me to not sweat the small stuff. It was amusing to see this little random cat peeking in my window, holding my stare - I never saw her before and she flew when I attempted to get closer for a picture. But thank you little stranger for helping me lighten up. Already the weight of the day is lifting. The kids are tucked safely in bed and I shall follow to wake up renewed for another week of work before the next round of holiday frenzy. Good night moon.

Quick little side note - I was surfing and found several adorable projects - a cool mixed media pin here and some mod holiday labels to print and color here. Not too mention a very cool run at needle felting here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know how I missed Flora post! Bad me! Flora is great! Can't wait to start and finish mine!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dog photo! What is about the holidays that is the best and the worst at the same time. I got everything done early and I'm still frazzled. Time for a cuppa and a long deep breath! Have a wonderful holiday!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things get easier in a lot of ways as your kids get older, but then you miss the craziness of having a baby around. When I look back, everything just seems sweet and funny, the frustration fades.

If I don't write before, have a wonderful holiday!
best, susie

6:01 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Susie, You're totally right - they are small for an instant - and I know I will miss even the moments when they were climbing the tree. :)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home