Peaknit

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A little bit of Tina's what I need....

Remember that song? "Mambo #5"? That line is in there and gosh, it rings true for me! I met with one of my dearest friends for appetizers, drinks and presents last night - what a treat. She is such a warm and genuine person, I always feel better after we get together - except did I mention she is gorgeous? She really shouldn't stand next to me:) Seriously, it was a wonderful pre-holiday evening. I'm very grateful to have this special friend. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have a Tina. *superstar*
  Posted by Picasa
She is my one friend who has taken an interest in knitting - we sat down last winter and she has been turning out garter scarves every since - I'm proud of that. We are taking it the next level if we ever find more time to sit down and concentrate. Tina is that special someone I set out to make a Flora for on Wednesday to be done by Thursday night to leave time for wrapping (and going to work at my real job) - only super special friends get that kind of energy output!

Lookee what I got!! A sushi wallet kit like the kind found here, and a cool set of Serendipity knitting needles...just for starters! *wee* I also got several other thoughtful gitfs to include hand-made (by Tina herself)stitch markers! This is the type of gift a knitter, a crafter pines for. Thank you my dear friend! Oh and several hours of gossip, giggles, giddyness and retail therapy were icing on this most delicious! I love you, man!  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Flora! I have that sushi wallet kit, too. I have to make that soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Happy Holidays!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I had to check your blog after you telling me you wrote about trying to crank out the Flora for me. Those are very kind things to say about me buddy. However, I cannot even express to you how beautiful the Flora is, how fantastic all of the other treats are and how very talented, kind, generous and beautiful YOU are! Thank you for a fabulous time! Looking forward to our next outing! Love you buddy!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home