Peaknit

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Flying fingers

I decided this morning I need to get a Flora done by oh, Friday - I just love that pressure. I have 17 inches of 22 total so I should have that baby done before bed so it can block overnight. Well, except for the flower, I figure that can wait til tomorrow night. (Pictures after the giftee is presented with the goods, maybe she'll pose for me...)

I am seriously digging this holiday knitting pressure, I love the creative spirit it imbues - my shopping is done - now it is all about the fiber baby. I just feel like knitting is a joy, settling into the rythm of my bamboo sticks next to the peacefully lit tree, a little rum and diet coke within reach never hurts - life is good. Ahhh, it's like a bit of yoga practice, it's all the yoga I am gonna get for now. I should really be doing some salutes to the sun between rows but I am so darn caught up in holiday knit, knit, knit!! Downward dog - you'll have to wait. I feel like a warrior! Namaste.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I made Flora last year! But I never finished it because I never found buttons. Lame, I know. (I didn't like how my flower turned out either, but I deviated from the pattern significantly.)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little haiku about Flora:
"Carrie did it
Stacey's doing it
Sandra will!"
Can't wait to see yours!
Like warrior part - I feel often like that - what a great feeling!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I printed out Flora sooo long ago and have yet to make it! I've got to get that out again. I have a big stack of Knitty patterns just waiting to go. What a great resource.

Warrior knitting is always good. You are on a mission.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can tell I am tired, wa-la! That made me laugh out loud, how funny is that? Thanks for having the heart to clue me in. Of course it is French! I already fixed it.

You're a pal.
susie

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home