Peaknit

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Stella is a hit!

I was nearly pleased to tears tonight when I gave Stella to my daughter. She was genuinely surprised and pleased. After months of her looking at the Knitted Babes book and asking me when I would ever make one...she danced around with her and took all of her clothes off, did her hair and told me to be careful because she is fragile...I could not have asked for a better reception for our new dolly.

What joy knitting has brought to me life - and it has been so wonderful to share the spoils with those I love. Tomorrow My-So-Called scarf and Backyard Leaves will go to their new homes. I can only dream of another shot of the pure joy I am feeling now in the afterglow of Stella. Now I am hoping for a long winter's nap before Santa comes in the morning. Good night and Merry, Merry Christmas!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Stacey, Stella is amazing (and once again I missed your post)! Wish I was your kid!
Merry x-mas to you and your family!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The connection here in NC is terrible, so I hope this gets through... Merry Christmas!!! Have a wonderful day with your family! Relax and enoy your presents!!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey! You did it! Wahoooo! Did my cheer help just a little? I love Stella, she is beautiful. What a great response-so fun.

You are a super-duper knitting queen with very lucky kids. You are the cutest!
best,
susie

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home