Peaknit

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I believe!!


It has been a most fabulous holiday for thoughtful gifts for this knitter. First I was bestowed by my Secret Pal 9 buddy - holy cow - she outdid herself. I got the most fabulous bubble gum pink basket/ bag from Lantern Moon - and it was filled with goodies to include 4 skeins of Filatura Di Crosa extra fine merino in bubble gum and a feisty lime green - just love those colors together. Also chocolate, two nifty tape measures - one lamb from Lantern Moon and the neatest one that is like a fishing reel. Also the tiniest crochet hook. I was so thrilled that this pre-christmas bonanza was all for me. *wee* I wish I knew a little more about my pal though - so if you're out there I would love to know more - your blog, what you knit, your first name:) I'm humbled by your glorious gifts!



Then truly, will wonders ever cease? I received a package from my most special yarn dying friend, Jessie a.k.a. Yarntini. With two skeins of a lovely worsted weight in "Lennie Briscoe" - inspired by one of our mutually favorite shows - Law & Order - dun dun...I was stunned and thrilled to receive such unexpected generosity. Someone was thinking about me!! I cannot put into words how touched I was to receive this package. Especially when just a teeny bit ago she sent me a most wonderful skein of "Port" (the deepest, most fabulous purple ever) sock weight to try - with the deal I send her pictures of my project - are you kidding, what knitter wouldn't grab up on that (win-win)? That was already a most special gift - as a side note I wound Port on Christmas as a gift to myself and have casted on - I'll share what in another post:). So anyways, I am feeling sincerely spoiled to the gills by this dear yarniphile - I am breathless. Thank you Jessie! I now have the task of deciding what pattern is worthy enough to deserve Lennie! What would Jerry Orbach do?

I also received another holiday bit from Yarntini - vicariously... I nearly wept - I will save that for tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh!!!!! Look at your beautiful gifts! I can't wait to see the other yarntini you received.

And I'm pretty sure I'll struggle to get those Lenten Rose socks done before the next package arrives. (But I'll do my best!)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home