Peaknit

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Premature jubilee! Oops!

I was altogether too excited about finishing the Swallowtail Shawl...something is up in the final rows...so I must look at it with fresh eyes tonight and try to figure it out. Now why didn't I put in a lifeline before the last pattern repeat? Hmmm, seems kind of ironic doesn't it? Lesson learned. Ah, but I am not claiming defeat just yet - just a time out. :) Really, I like lace and the challenge of it all. It is amazing to start seeing the pattern develop and start "reading" the knitting. Then there is that pesky dropped stitch, or misreading the pattern...now to figure out where I turned the corner. And I thought the dreaded nupps were going to be the end of me - seems kind of funny now!!

On a better note I knocked off 2.7 miles today towards my goal. Accentuate the positive!! wee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! Good luck with the shawl. Definitely take a little break, have a martini (or two ;)) and you'll figure it out. I can't wait to see it! The suspense is killing me!

Congrats on the miles! Totally awesome!

8:45 PM  
Blogger KarenK said...

Hi Peaknit - I'm the knitter/designer of the socks you admired on the Petals Collection Sundara yarn club (the red lacy ones) and would be delighted to send you a copy of the pattern (I've written it up because I submitted it to a design contest years ago). But I can't find an e-mail for you. If you'd like a copy of the pattern, drop me a line at KARPOOL41 at hotmail dot com (you know the drill). One of these days I'll get off my lazy butt and update my blog and post it there, but I'm too busy moving around. And good luck with your shawl.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still waiting to see that shawl! I loooove lcey shawls!
Congrats for miles!
p.s.why don't you write me??????? ANd I am waiting and waiting! Shiff!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Good job on the running, what a great goal.

I can't wait to see your shawl as well. You are one determined little knitter, so impressive.

best, susie

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home