Peaknit

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Nothing like plain jane stockinette to renew faith...


Ah a simple Booga Bag - the humanity. I decided to go kind of mindless and felt the Booga up for my KMKS partner. I am using Noro Kureyon in #95 like the original pattern - I love the bright colors, the greens and pinks. 20 more rows and then 6 feet of i-cord. It is to restore my knitting spirit after having an alleged faux pas on my Swallowtail. Once I wrap up the Booga I'll be ready to re-look at the shawl and figure it out. Luckily there is a more less plain knit and purl row between the last Swallowtail repeat where I have gone awry - so if all else fails, I can just tink back a couple of rows to that fresh start. "Aint no mountain high enough....aint no river wide enough..." (Please don't let me be eating those words...)

If you are up for a little feel good knitting of your own...check out Lolly's Blog and check out the Bejeweled Scarf Knitalong. The scarf was created by Lisa Shobana (author of Yarnplay), she is selling the pattern for $2.25 with $1.75 going to benefit The Dulaan Project. You can buy the simple but elegant pattern over at Lisa's Blog. If you buy it be sure to grab a button from Lolly to say "I am paying it forward!" Good stuff knitters!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gramknits said...

I really like those colors. Dramatic.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh I want to be your partner!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amating coloures!
BTW, why don't you re-send e-mail for me! Once I had similar trouble, and it took me 12 tries before recipient got it!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ooh, I really like the colors in your Booga Bag! Normally I don't like the Noro yarns for items such as sweaters (although there are exceptions) because there is too much variation for my tastes, but the bag is small enough that it looks really nice! Stockinette sooths the soul too, doesn't it?

Speaking of soda - my soda comsumption used to be much worse than I let on, worse than my current coffee consumption. I used to do field work out in the Mojave Desert, very far from my office. We would stop at a 7-11 on the way out of town in the morning, and then again at the first one we came to going home. At that time I also didn't drink coffee, and i would frequently load up with the Super Big Gulp (or whatever the equivalent was) - in both directions. Yeah, I think I was drinking like a half gallon on soda a day. It was bad. And I hate the taste of diet soda, so it was the regular full-sugar stuff. I have great metabolism, so I didn't gain weight, but I started to worry that I might be making myself susceptible to diabetes...

I also read about the bone density issue, and that caffeine inhibits the uptake of calcium (the underlying reason for it I suppose). I do drink a lot of milk for an adult, but even still, I don't need that spector of future medical woes hanging over me. And neither do you! Shall we fight the demon together?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home