Peaknit

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Swallowtail...done at long last


Ah, deep breath, she is done. I bound off the last stitch on Thursday night and blocked her last night. I really like the end product despite that at one point I said (yes, out loud) that "I'm going to finish this and then burn it!" I struggled through the last 16 row repeat, I tinked and toiled - yet I never could figure out one last nagging mistake. So there is a mistake that really, only I can see, but you know? Right? I just know that fellow knitters can empathize with this helpless feeling.

As my first "more serious lace project", I know I should be more thrilled (rather than relieved) - and really, if I look at it with a stranger's eyes - it's fabulous. My photos are hardly representative of the rich grape color, maybe somewhere in the middle - my husband who is a computer color guru tried to correct it but even he said "I just can't get a deep enough purple". It is "Port" by Yarntini - a true feast for the eyes. I think I need to be more flexible with my perfectionstic ways and love my projects more - they deserve more pride than I give them - because I just know I will feel like a superstar wearing it about town, maybe I just need that validation or something - I mean, afterall, non-knitter's can't do this! I am really, really so lucky!


And if I were so disappointed would I already be stalking other sites, books and IK magazines for my next lace project? My next lace yarn? Hmmm...I think I am just so damn stubborn!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

It is lovely, and no one but you will know there is a mistake! Don't tell anyone! :)

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations. The finished product is well worth the toil of the last 16 rows.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHat a mistake??? Can't see anything!
Stacey, you did AMAZING lace job! Great!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it and it is perfect the way it is. What a wonderful color.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl! The color is magnificent. Have you tried Blackberry Ridge laceweight yet. I love it!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Just visiting from the kmks site, and I think your shawl is gorgeous. Fantastic.
You should try Dorothy Seimens pattterns.. fiddlesticksknitting.com (I'm a real believer.)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home