Peaknit

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Aren't they just "fetching"?


I wrapped up my 2nd Fetching last night - I love it. I love Scout's yarn, it is so thick and cozy...and purple! Thank you so much Scout this treat! You rock! And I just love this pattern. I really would encourage any cable junkies to try cabling without a cable needle, it made the mitties fly! And I'm thinking this scarf could be really fun too...anyone else think Grumperina is amazing?


Now I have cast on some mitered squares from the Diamond Patch mittens in Yarn Pirate punkin' head - love the yarn, not so quick to fall in love with this pattern. I need to embrace futzing for this I think. Typically I am a futzer - love to get crafty, love little details - but ew, this stop and start could go on forever - I may need to come up for air on this one. And, I'm not sure how much I will wear the finished product, the mitts are really unique but how warm? Am I just making excuses? It's kind of like when you pick up a book that you're sure you should like, and you just can't get into it? To be revisited:) I think I am just avoiding seaming my Noro sweater - it's blocked and ready - but I'm chicken, chicken.

On another note Lady Knitterly, I'm piqued by your fun little challenge left graciously in my comments. We aught to get together on a project, I just love innocent competition (and I wouldn't even mind losing just to send you a little something fun) - I have Marrakesh superwash - gorgeous greens - I was kid of thinking I might do a small Lace Leaf Shawl with it because the yardarge is so generous...but then I was also wondering how a Backyard Leaves scarf might look, since I gave my Cashoft one away to my very deserving mom. Hmmm. Let's talk - I'm thinking a skein of Fearless Fiber could be good bettin' booty?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Fetching! I love that pattern. Hmmm..... I might have to get on that.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that pattern too. I have to order some of Scout's yarn it is so beautiful. I just have to make those soon. I am glad you like that cable technique. You inspire!

I can't wait to hear about your class with Annie on Monday. I knitted with wire using Nancy Wiseman's book on the topic awhile ago. I made tiny sweaters out of wire and they had beads knitted in. They were really cute. Good luck driving.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Fetchings! The yarn you used is gorgeous!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

A skein of Fearless Fibres would be good bettin' booty. Darn it all though, I was hoping you might go for some knee socks a la The Keyboard Biologist...

My email address, so we can stop playing the Comment Game: verthandei (at) yahoo (you know the rest). Your comments on my blog all come through as no-reply (non-respondable).

PS Marrakesh is gorgeous. :)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home