Peaknit

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yikes that was scary...

I think I just got strong armed into changing my blog over to the new Blogger - that was a little scary. But everything looks the same, or maybe better - so - whew, I made it.

I worked up a Fetching mitt yesterday - my KMKS kit ignited some more mitten love. Goodness, it just flew off the needles. I knit it in some yarn Scout J just gave me because I was loving on it. When the sun comes out I need to get a picture! And I tried cabling without a cable needle, I happened to catch Annie Modesitt demonstrating it on a tivo'd Knitty Gritty after I read over at Susan B. Anderson's blog (yes, the Itty Bitty Hats author) it was on (thank you susie!) and then Grumperina has a great tutorial here. Wow, I may never wrestle a cable needle again. Really, try it.

And did I mention I am learning how to knit with wire with Ms. Modesitt on Monday? I'm positively giddy! Only wish I would have known she was coming to WI before I signed up to drive 2 hours to IL...oh, anything for knitting! And an afternoon off of work doesn't hurt any.

I think I am going to try the Lace Leaf Shawl following my last post - so that means I will have to head out to my LYS this weekend and get the pattern - oh darn, kick dirt, what a drag...giggle!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

Looking forward to hearing about how you like working with wire. I've been thinking about it for a while now. Just what I need-another project! Hee Hee!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting with wires? Damn, where do I live?(since don't know what it is).

1:48 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I'm working up a fetching now too, I was just thinking I need to learn how to do it without the cable needle! That sounds like a great class. Have fun.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Everything looks A-OK on this end! I know how you felt - I wasn't sure if the blog would still be there after I pushed the Upgrade button on mine... Is it just me or does it take a lot less time to for the blog to update once you push "Publish"?

Are you planning on making socks with you Fearless Fibers? (What color(s) do you have by the way?)If so... I propose a little contest (bwa ha ha). What if we pick the same project and whoever finishes firt wins? Wins what, I don't know. Yes, I am a four-year-old. :)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home