Peaknit

Sunday, February 04, 2007

holy cold batman!

It is so cold in Wisconsin right now - I have made the executive decision that no one will go anywhere today - I can do that on a weekend day. It's supposed to be a ridiculous high of -4 degrees...minus 4 - oh, lets not forget the wind chill. I'm sure I've just been spoiled by mild winters, and now I just can't bear the cold. When being cold hurts, you just need to stay inside.


I made a Calorimetry for my dearest friend Tina. She is a gorgeous, long-haired runner. I gave it to her yesterday for her birthday - it looks fabulous on her, I was so proud. Afterall, I had to quick throw it in the box and wrap it up before I kept it. I had a mantra "you can make another, you can make another". I found that Mountain Colors 4/8 worsted was perfect. I have read other bloggers struggling with it ending up too big, so I made it smaller - well, now my daughter has one too. It isn't that much bigger than a gauge swatch, so... Casting on just as the pattern dictated was perfect for me with the MC. I would recommend this project - quick in front of the TV knitting.



I found some gorgeous Toasty Toes for my Calorimetry, I may even modify the pattern to make it a bit narrower - as I have short hair - so it won't serve near the purpose it should, but it's fun and quick! I have never used Toasty Toes, but it seems similar to the Mountain Colors, which I love, though TT is more vibrant, more purple! I knew I was making a good decision when the clerk squeezed it and squealed!

6 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

It looks great!

10:57 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Very cute! My head looks silly in hats, I wonder if that would look better!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I really have to make one of those soon. I keep saying that!

Thanks for the Brava note. Can you believe this cold snap? Boy, were we spoiled.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to have friends like you!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen a couple of these popping up in the last week or so. I really like yours! I bet it was hard to part with! I have some Toasty Toes--I bet it will work great!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous! You don't need long hair to wear one...you have ears to keep warm!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home