Peaknit

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

sew simple


I have been having a little fun today making these little pouches - demo'd by splityarn over here. They are so simple, and I just love the little snap. No what do I do with all of these little pouches? Well, I'm enjoying admiring them for now - but I am thinking I can replace my crappy old business card holder for starters...I learned that I should try to slow down and sew a bit more straight - I have a bit of a lead foot on my machine pedal. But those litle snaps are so darling! Just in case, splityarn sells them in her etsy shop.

I also got a new book today after being inspired by wee wonderfuls japanese influences. The book is not "readable" per se, but the pictures are pretty clear. I just love the little details - how fun. Just a little feel good crafting. There was one with Hello Kitty, maybe next time.


I am also inspired by Scout today as she finished her Calorimetry from Knitty. It looks so cool - great for walking. Plus she gave me some helpful hints, many people are finding they cannot get gauge. My hair is pretty short but I am trying hard to grow it out a few inches...if I can just squeak out enough yarn from Scout that I had used for my Fetchings...that is the question. 'specially since I've had to make a spare mitt, I think I left one at the movie theater - *sigh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey, I don't blame you on your class. I wouldn't have wanted to drive either! You have to try to come to Annie's Madison appearance for sure. Your pouches are beautiful and I love that site. The fabric is fantastic, the snaps wonerful, only wish I knew how to sew with a machine....
susie

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pouches are fantastic! Must, must, must, must...must sew me some!!!!!!!!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Adorable little pouches. I like to use little bags like that for jewelry when I travel. May have to try that this weekend! It's too cold to go outside!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Aw, those pouches are awesome! I can't sew for beans. Actually, that isn't true - I sewed a draw-string bag in Home Economics in middle school that I still use to this very day! But it was super easy (no snaps involved!)

BTW, have you seen splityarn's latest Backyard Leaves-related post?

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home