Peaknit

Monday, January 29, 2007

Can I write it off as a "charitable gift"?

Yep, I donated my class fee to Annie Modesitt today. I could not bring myself to make the long drive to Illinois with the snow flying, just couldn't. There was a still a spot or two open in the knit jewelry class so I didn't have to guilt over denying someone else the opportunity. I spent the morning at work looking out the window while thinking up creative excuses about why not to drive - other than I just hate driving in bad weather. Think of the money I'd save not shopping at Wool and Company? - a fabulous knitting store with such cool gifts, the gas, the tolls...plus the time to drive - 4 hours round trip. I have learned a valuable lesson - not to sign up for classes 100 miles away in January - clever, huh? So my book, it goeth unsigned by Ms. Modesitt. I have no knit baubles. And I may have to shop at Wool and Co. with dark glasses in the future - but the day was not a total bust either. My friend and I put together an impromptu lunch and movie date near home - The Departed - if you haven't seen it - you should. I was satisfied with my decision to chicken out and stay close to home. All was not lost... And now I am home in a peaceful house for a couple of hours before the troops roll in. Maybe a nap? Oh, gosh, in spite of welching on my class, could the day get much better?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't remember last time I went out for a movie! Long, looong ago!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always better to play it safe when it comes to driving in the snow - if you don't have to, don't! That's my philosphy anyway. You made the right decision.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home