Peaknit

Thursday, February 08, 2007

deja vu

I am drawn over and over to the same color palettes. I just got some Amy Butler Belle fabric that I had been coveting. As I was looking at it, I thought I've got some yarn reminsicent of this...I do, Boardwalk by Yarntini. Cotton candy, and blue icees, yum. I look at this and I can taste it. (don't you?)



Then I made a Calorimetry for myself out of some interlacements Toasty Toes. And voila - I have some fun Bohemian fabric by Anna Marie Horner that seems similar to me...I look at this and want to wrap up in it...like Anna's entire website - it's a delight.



Now I know that I am a purple fiend - but to find these similar fabric/ yarn combinations in my stash was like an "ah-ha" for me, like an appeal to the senses. I'm a visual, sensual person and here is maybe just another example of how I function, maybe an explanation of why I am so drawn to fibers. Maybe I should try to be more conscious of my "feel good" colors, maybe there is something more here, some benefit I am missing.

Meanwhile, what could I make out of fabric and yarn to mix up my media?? My instinct is to just touch it. I actually had the Yarntini in my bag to take to work just to lift me up. Is that weird? I also have framed pictues of yarn hanging around my office - I mean, I work with criminals - can't really display the kids - so another favorite thing seems logical. right?

Hancock's of Paducah was kind enough to send along a catalog that gloriously showcases all of their fabrics - lord help me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great yarntini! Now I want some of that fabric!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Yummy colors. they would make a great knit bag with a fabric lining!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Yummmmm PURPLE!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea if having yarn framend ! You gave me an idea for my studio (every time I tell hubby I am going to my studio to work he is laughing saying "what???")
I'll give my best to buy you purple yarn for our little swap!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Dana Marie said...

Ahh I love that fabric! How beautiful.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a feast for the eyes! I don't think it's weird at all, but consider the source.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home