Peaknit

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I wanna be like Susie

But in the meantime, I'm copycat *gulp* stalker...


I have just wrapped up a pair of Cabled Booties from One Skein. I used yarn from Yarntini in the Lennie Briscoe colorway. She generously gifted me this fabulous yarn based on our mutual love of Law and Order. It's ideal because I am also a Wisconsin Badger Fan - whose colors happen to be white and red, and my highschool colors were red, white and black - so a little alma mater love. I was inspired to do these booties after seeing Susie's. I wanted to use my new variegated - so the cables aren't as distinct, but they are so cozy - you should really knit a pair of these easy, peasy, cuddly boots. I think I have enough yarn left to make a great scarf for the next Badger game...(the basketball team is doing so awesome {#2 in the country, Hello!}, I probably have several years to knit it up before I can get a ticket)

Onward with my stalking ways...I then I bought some Manos this weekend after seeing Scout's Calorimetry and making one from my friend. I was entirely inspired to buy this yarn, again, because Susie made this fabulous scarf/ hat set out of a similar colorway - hers is #113 mine #118. Isn't it nifty? Wish I was her publicist.
Then I just received the Friday Night Knitting Club book from Amazon.com. I had a gift certificate and Susie said she was enjoying it...oops I did it again.

So a little Susie love never hurt anyone right? I mean I'm not a real stalker - just a yarny fiend. If you haven't seen her book - she has the most darling Itty Bitty Hats.

btw...betz white - who makes the most delightful felted things, is alleged to be on Martha Friday demostrating her 'cup a joe pin cushion. program your dvr...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, how cute are you? I am humbled. I'm loving the Badger Special footsies and thanks for the kind compliments. I am so excited for Betz as well. She is super-talented and nice to boot! I should post about that, too. We Wisconsin crafters have to stick together.

I visit your blog so often that I feel like the real stalker here. Your knitting journey is a joy to watch.

best, susie

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovelly socks! And, honey, you ARE stalker! AWWWWW!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Cool, cool, love the Manos, and OMG, susie left a comment on your blog! :)

PS I have to confess I don't remember Valerie... but all the other references had me dancing in the aisles!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home