Peaknit

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Monkey business


I finished my first Monkey sock last night - it was such a treat to knit - especially with Yarntini! I just love the colors, I try to imagine what on "Lost" inspired this colorway, the lush jungle, the silver of the plane, Desmond's boxers?? *grin to Jessie*

I always think it's a good sign when I finish a sock and get excited to cast on the second one - you sock knitters know this is not always the case. And with my collection of orphans...The sock pattern was easy to follow and I could almost memorize the pattern, it was simple enough anyways to notice quickly if I made a mistake rather rows later - so no serious frogging, whew! Cookie, the designer also created the infamous Pomatomus. Another future knit on my list.

I like how the pattern wraps up with a long kitchener on the toe - grafting 14 stitches each on the top and bottom. I really like the simple line of the toe and I love, love the kitchener. Wait, I love it as long as it is quiet, no one is talking to me and I can focus - rare moment you can imagine. I have a handly little card that I got in my "learn to knit socks" class that tucks into my knitting bag and walks me simply through the kitchener every time. If anyone would like a copy of this leave me a comment with your e-mail and I'll see what I can do. It's just been a life saver and I think I could photocopy it and send it off - it's a little tattered. It's not copyrighted or anything, I just find it incredibly helpful. Or maybe even my photoshop guru husband could come up wth something and I could e-mail it...I love thinking up things for him to do for me:)For the grafting challenged - it is a toe-saver...literally!

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous sock there! Won't it be great to have a pair of them???

9:52 AM  
Blogger Shorty said...

Your Monkey is way too cute! I love your yarn color choice. I made mine in pink and gray.

Cookie's sock patterns rock. Keep Knitting!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT A LOVELLY SOCK! Great, Stacey!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
I loved your comment today, you were part of that whole story! You inspired me to start my blog in the first place. Your monkey is fantastic. Oh, it looks so comfy on your foot and the toe is excellent. You are getting so darn good! I think I am definitely going to make those socks now, too. Thanks for sharing.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no shame in my love of Desmond :).

The socks look great!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I would love a copy of your kitchner notes. I found myself on a plane this weekend-ready to kitchne and not quite sure. I could've pulled my card out of my wallet and wa-lah. Finished socks on a plane!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home