Peaknit

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A pair of Monkies and a super surprise!


I finished my second Monkey last night - always such a glorious feeling getting that second sock done, a pair to wear. I loved this pattern - Cookie is a genious - she has some delightful patterns on her blog - I hope she makes them widely available. I made no modifications. Maybe I would try the Eye of the Partridge heel on another pair - it looks fun and adds some *shazaam*.



I also came home to a delightful treat today - my second installment of Sundara's Petals Collection sock club. The yarn is yum-mo! I feel like throwing it in a cocktail shaker and putting an umbrella on it - Bird of Paradise. Another yarn I would like to sip - its so frosty and smooth, it's the freaking Carribean in a skein. I'm feeling hot, hot, hot! I just wound my first installment - Lenten Rose - from Sudara, last night - I feel like I am up to my eyeballs in the most sinfully delicious pile of yarn. Life is good! (would it be sacrelious to pray she offers this club for a second year?)

Also Happy, Happy Birthday Mom! She loved the Embossed Leaves socks. I can't wait until she wears them - I don't think you can truly love hand knit socks until you parade about in them:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, those are beautiful! Rock on! I may have to get some of that Sundara just to keep up with you.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous socks! I'll have to try that pattern! Stay out of the snow/sleet/rain/ice and knit today!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way these came out! I may have to make myself a pair soon. So many socks, so little time:)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home