Peaknit

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I think I may be just weird...

Anyone else like to just stay home? I'm not saying I am afraid to leave the house - but I am barely ever excited about most social situations...right now I am awol from a church potluck - a believer yes, but social? not so much. Not one of my more favorite traits but I'm not sure being a homebody bothers me enough to change it up. How does one become more social? I have several friends who talk about being very invested in their neighborhoods - having this neighb over or that. Every once in awhile I have a twinge of envy at these social people, but generally I just like being surrounded by my family or close friends. My slogan could be "call me, cause I won't call you" - and it's nothing personal, I just won't really call unless I really have something important to say. Is that a bad thing? I mean, I love e-mailing with other knitting bloggers, leaving comments, chatting in person with my most special friends, aquaintances and co-workers - ask 'em, I barely shut up but finding small talk with strangers - it kills me. Maybe it's just the whole "fish out of water" theory? I would seriously probably do anything for anyone, but I probably won't ask for anything. Is that annoying? Gosh, I hate to sound weird, but I'm realizing...it's quite possible I am. :)

On a knit note...I kinda want to make this sweater - will it be, egads, another sweater I am afraid to seam? And maybe with some of Sundara's yarn? Check out her Cherry Blossom - available to the masses to celebrate her 1 year anniversary. Hurray!

7 Comments:

Blogger Hunny said...

I am exactly the same way. I actually could have written that post.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That sweater looks seamless.

I like being home, too. And I do ok in small gatherings, like coffee with one or two others. But put me in a larger social situation and I freeze up. If I can figure out how to get just one person off for a more in-depth conversation, I do ok. But don't ask me to speak to 5 or more at one time.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Me too... even though I enjoy so many things that require me to go out in public - dancing and opera - I really am quite happy staying at home. "Gatherings" just for the sake of gathering hold no attraction for me. (Also, I don't particularly bars. Possibly a contributing factor to the fact that I am still single.) For a specific reason or to see specific people, yes. But not just because. So, I don't think you are odd at all!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neighbourhood gatherings ar etotal mistery to me! I am very, very antisocial, plus agoraphobic - such a perfect combination!

4:26 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

I am so content to be at home in the winter.........my friends always say they know where to find me in the winter.....just being at home is perfect for me.......however, come summer and I am out the door! (but not to those neighborhood socials!) :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Suzeq22knits said...

I can totally relate. Is it a Midwest thing? Like firemanshunny, I too could have written this post. I like the motto!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Bev Love said...

Peaknit,
I think you are more normal than you know. I happen to love my house. I love my bedroom and hanging out in the family room. Cooking in the kitchen. Sunning on the deck. I love every space and place, and it takes a major (mortgage payment) obligation/mother nagging/critical illness last visit to get me out of my house. I have so much to do there - reading, knitting, crocheting, watching movies, surfing the web, commenting to you, rubbing my dog. Few things outside my door bring me such pleasure. We are so lucky that we enjoy our own company.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home