Peaknit

Saturday, March 10, 2007

handmade find



Yarn Pirate mentioned this fabulous independant seller from etsy and I just had to get a closer look at Elizabeth's work from loosestring. She creates the most charming felt items, both framable pictures and pincushions. Her colors are so much more vibrant than my photos illustrate. They will make a delightful addition to my office.

You see, I am trying to take some inspiration to work - since I'll probably be within the same 4 walls for the next 20 years. (Gosh, that sounds glass half empty...I actually totally love my job...mostly.) But seriously, I will spend perhaps a quarter of my waking life there, I figure that I might just as well have some beautiful things to look at. I even have taken some yarn with me for fondling in secret at the office - sounds so dirty doesn't it? Most non-knitters just don't get it and to explain - I just would get the predictable cocked-head-whatever-look, right?

Meanwhile, I can't wait to get my cupcake from Betz White , another charming find! I actually often buy these things with the grand notion that I will recreate them...but well, you know.

So, back to the office - now when the police come to take my lying criminals naughties away I can look at my collection of lovlies and know - it's only a job. Ah, the glass is half full again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have one of her pincushions. It's so pretty I almost can't stick pins in it! What a great idea to brighten up your office!

7:13 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Cute! I've got to do a better job of decorating my office, it'll make up for no windows!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home