Peaknit

Thursday, March 15, 2007

felty indie-spiration



I am in love with this darling little cupcake pincushion. It arrived yesterday from Betz White via her Etsy shop. She is an amazing - local-to-me - felt artist (children's wear designer, etc.), using mostly recycled sweaters. I stumbled upon her blog some time back and since then I have seen her featured in Adorn magazine, then on Martha Stewart demostrating her Cup'o Joe pin cushion and then I heard her interview on the Craftsanity podcast - not necessarily in that order. This little cake inspired me to trek to the Goodwill today in an effort to find my own sweaters to felt up - I got a cashmere for 3.99 and in the wash it went - agitated to death. I would love to make something similar as a gifty for myself or maybe some little coin purses or a small tote for my daughter. Crafters ADD - fullboard. Thank you to Betz for inspiring me with her fuzzy little goodies and the colors are nearly edible. Just wait until December - she has a book coming out too! I have been curious about felt a lot recently, the aforementioned flat pieces from loosestring on Etsy, japanese "mascots", felt embellisments on my kids' clothes and I kinda want to try needle felting- and maybe THIS will be the year I finish that felt penny rug I started 2 years ago for Easter?! I'll be sure to post a picture if that happens!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

That's really cute! I've been meaning to get to a thrift shop to see what I can find :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're inspiring me to go thrift-ing to see what I can find. I love my little bumblebee from wool pets. And it didn't take too long to do. It's pretty cute.... Not to be an enabler or anything....

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely colours in this pin cushion. I like it a lot

2:48 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, what a cute pincushion! And I don't usually go for pincushions, as I don't really sew.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Omigosh! That cupcake is sooooo cute. If I had it in my sewing room I would want cupcakes all the time!!!!!!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home