Peaknit

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Give me two Pina Coladas...


and some Excedrin and a nap! I just got back from a couple day stay at a waterpark hotel with my family - always fun and silly but now a rest is in order. I had all sorts of illusions (or should that be delusions?) of grandeur that I would relax and knit, I took several projects. I did finish my 2nd Pembrokeshire Pathway on the ride home - which is success all things considered. I think I got about one row knit on it while I tried to get my little one yesterday, as if! Right now muscles I didn't know I had, hurt from flapping my arms like mad on the Lazy River (go figure) to avoid waterfalls - my little one was not keen on receiving a heavy shower, afterall she was reluctant to consent to the whole idea... I did find myself unconsciously giggling (out loud and by myself) during some powerful wave action in the wavepool, I would recommend this little adventure.

Seriously, this is my freshly caked skein of Sundara's latest sock installment Bird of Paradise. I can almost hear the Calypso music and taste that Pina Colada. I'm torn between doing the pattern that came with it - a simple ribbed sock with some slipped stitches - or Pomatamus - I've seen some nifty ones in blogland. I made the mistake of asking my husband his opinion and he whole heartedly voted ribbed (don't think too hard on that). I tend to ask his valued opinion and then do the opposite - but this one time, he may be one to something. I have fig and plum by Yarntini that might suit the Pomatamus...Stay Tuned.

(btw, the next round of the Petals Collection opens for sign ups on friday - my blasphemous prayers paid off!)


...my pair of Pembrokeshires...I love, love this pattern. The delicious little cable-ettes. I didn't change a thing on this most perfect pattern. They took about two weeks from beginning to end, mostly knitting during evening television and random car rides. The bleached line is not the yarn but from the sun! Yes, sun in Wisconsin! *wee!*

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just emailed you! So glad you made it back from the waterpark alive!

That Sundara yarn looks so yummy. Of course, so does the coconut rum :).

We have sun in PA today too! Don't know how long it's gonna last though so I should probably go out and enjoy it while it's here!

4:09 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Beautiful socks!! Did you see Cookie put up some of her patterns for sale?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Thanks for your kind words regarding Wee Doggie. That was a Major League Sucky Experience! But what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger I guess.

Gorgeous socks! I am jealous of your excursion to the land of water slides! I would have been more jealous if there had still been 14 feet of snow outside! I am also coveting your Bird of Paradise Socks!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks, yarn, get-a-away...fabulous! I have been reading your blog and have found something tasty to add to your package. I'm a bit confused - I was ready to send you some stuff, but then it said not to send until the 15th of April, but a lot of people are already sending surprises...so...still confused, but going to do what I want. ☺ I hope you are having a great week! LnV Secret Pal

5:04 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Secret buddy from LnV - you sound so sweet! I'm confused too and have a little something for my pal - I like your attitude though - I'll do what I want too!:) Can't wait!

5:22 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

It sounds like you had a great time even without knitting....who knew! :)
Love those socks!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo...love those socks! is it weird that i *love* that the sun bleached the socks? forever and ever you will look at them and be reminded of a sun-drenched day!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home