Peaknit

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday sockfest


boplast
Originally uploaded by peaknit.
I finished my first Bird of Paradise from my February installment of the Petals Collection - I love the yarn, Sundara uses a wonderful quality fiber - there were occasional snags and fuzzy spots, but overall it knit up quite nicely. The only modification I made was to knit into the back of the picked-up gusset stitches, I think it's a trick from Grumperina and helps give a prettier gusset with less chance for holes. I'm inclined to cast on the second one right away so I can have a pair (before Yarntini's first kit comes in April - *as I hyperventilate with excitement!*). Wouldn't they look awesome with these new Danskos? I can hardly justify some "strawberry" colored shoes for $110 but I'm just saying. I have been surfing in search of a pair of open backed clogs to start showcasing all of these socks. I swear by my closed backs Danskos - so comfortable and worth the money since they last for-freaking-ever and never go out of style. But it's hard to capitalize on the heels of my handmade socks when they are crammed away in shoes right?

In truth, we are actually coming into "sandal season" (and road construction season) in Wisconsin at last - I have a reputation for cracking out the "short pants" before anyone in my office and not wearing anything but until the first snow, so why would this year be different? I have a reputation to protect. (I wait for my office neighbor to ask me "where's the flood?" every Spring, after 13 years, it's just part of the routine, I'd be sad if he failed to mock me.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the Dansko's. I'm going to have to invest in some really good shoes soon too!

Don't worry. I'm thinking about another contest. I have yarn that would like to go out to my bloggy friends.

Great job on the B.O.P. Petals socks. I haven't even wound my yarn yet!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Great job on the first sock! Those Danskos are very cute :) I have a pair of Dansko Giselles and I love them.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, we need an intervention!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Pretty socks!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous sock and I love the little kitty sock blockers too!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shoes! I just got some new Dansko's - and my thought was that they would look great with my new knitted socks!

The socks are so bright and ready for summer!

LnV Secret Pal

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful socks! I haven't started either the Lenten Rose or the Bird of Paradise socks yet.

BTW, I love the Danskos. In fact, I just ordered those very clogs in dark brown (with the natural sole) this morning. I was very tempted by the strawberry, but I thought the brown would be more practical.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great sock! You are a Yarntini club member? Me too! I am so excited I could spit - but I won't.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Hi. Nice job on the sock. Just curious - did you use US1 or US2 size needles? I'm in the sock club but this is my first pair of socks and I am using US1 needles for the pattern as written and it seems very tight. I'm only 3/4 way through first sock but I've stalled because I am beginning to think I should have used larger needles. Thanks. Claudia

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home