Peaknit

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Stella!

stellapsychodelic

Happy Day to our resident Knitted Babe, Stella. My daughter has loved Stella far more than I could have hoped - so she needed some new duds for her proclaimed birthday - apparently, according my almost 7-year-old, Stella is 8 today. So I made her a psychodelic dress from some fun Kaffe Fasset fabric and knit up some lacey panties. Then I also made her a some capri pants to welcome the warmer weather and a halter top - complete with a flower brooch from a schmibble of leftover Yarntini "Port". I tried so hard to secretly knit and sew some goodies - but my little one is such a detective - I could not keep her nosey little self out of my hair for a minute - finally I confessed, "yes, Stella is getting some clothes" - so off she went to wrap her a gift...oh and she also blind-folded the doll so "she" wouldn't see her surprises - so our little fantasy went to another level. Kids are so pure and have such amazing imaginiations - if we could just bottle that.

stellaflower
I've kind of been thinking I need a "babe" of my own - what fun to sew the detailed littled hoo ha, there is a KAL over here - it's inspiring to see what other babe-lovers are coming up with. What a fun little softie, I'm so pleased Stella is loved. What will we make her next? I'm thinking some go-go boots to compliment her funky dress - some white felty boots with fringes? Nancy Sinatra would approve.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Happy Birthday Stella ! Love your new duds! You're stylin' now!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable!

Your daughter and I have something in common. I was known as the super snoop of our family. But then I realized it was more fun to have surprises!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, this is sososososososo cute! I am melting, honey!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I love your yarntini sock club button! Where did you get that?

5:47 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

SO cute, and you gotta love that SHE is loved!!! Love the idea of some gogo boots! :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home