Peaknit

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Shout out to my Secret Pal(s)!! :)

Hello out there SP 10 and Lime N Violet buddy! I have enjoyed getting comments from you, I sqeal with delight when I get a piece of the puzzle - I'm so curious, I'm not good at patience. I'd love to know more - what are you knitting right now? Are you a sock yarn hoarder like me? Do you have kids? I'd love to learn any little bit you could share...if you dare...:)

Meanwhile, I am having so much fun as a secret spoiler myself. My SP 10 partner sounds so fun, I'd like to meet her for drinks and knit socks! My L n V pal is a sweet and hardworking college student who has never used any "expensive" sock yarn - so I have to part with something fabulous you see, she must come to the dark side:) Can you imagine the first time you knit with the good stuff?

**thanks LnV Pal for checking in - love to learn about new people and what they are knitting the best inspiration. You could knit a lace scarf for someone in Texas ;) My International Scarf Exchange person happened to be from the Lone Star State!

MEME...
I also found this meme - I have always thought I was well read, afterall I love to read right?...but gosh, I think that there are a lot of Fantasy books on here. I have started Harry Potter and The Hobbit - only to give up - too many weird names to remember. I just saw Watership Down was about rabbits - the movie was on HBO or something today, that sounds odd to me. I prefer more historical books or even silly fluff. This is what I am reading now.

Look at the list of books below:
* Bold the ones you’ve read,
* Italicize the ones you want to read
* Leave blank the ones that you aren’t interested in.
** the ones I OWN and haven't read yet:) (I added this one)

1. The DaVinci Code (Dan Brown)
2. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
3. To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) I wanted to name my daughter Scout - hubby said "NO!"
4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell) read it several times
**5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)
7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)
8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
9. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
10. A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry)
**11. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Rowling)
**12. Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
13. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Rowling)
14. A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
**15. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
16. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Rowling)
17. Fall on Your Knees (Ann-Marie MacDonald)
18. The Stand (Stephen King)
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Rowling)
20. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
21. The Hobbit (Tolkien)
22. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
24. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
25. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
26. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
27. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
28. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis)
29. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
30. Tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Albom)
31. Dune (Frank Herbert)
**32. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
33. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
34. 1984 (Orwell)
35. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
36. The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)
37. The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
38. I Know This Much is True (Wally Lamb)
39. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)
40. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
41. The Clan of the Cave Bear (Jean M. Auel)
**42. The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
43. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
44. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom)
45. The Bible (not like cover to cover or anything)
46. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)
47. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
48. Angela’s Ashes (Frank McCourt)
49. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
50. She’s Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
51. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
52. A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
53. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
54. Great Expectations (Dickens)
55. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)
56. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
57. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rowling)
58. The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)
59. The Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood)
60. The Time Traveller’s Wife (Audrew Niffenegger)
61. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
62. The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
63. War and Peace (Tolstoy)
64. Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)
65. Fifth Business (Robertson Davis)
66. One Hundred Years Of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
67. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Ann Brashares)
68. Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
69. Les Miserables (Hugo)
70. The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
71. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Fielding)
72. Love in the Time of Cholera (Marquez)
73. Shogun (James Clavell)
74. The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje)
75. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
76. The Summer Tree (Guy Gavriel Kay)
77. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
78. The World According to Garp (John Irving)
79. The Diviners (Margaret Laurence)
80. Charlotte's Web (E.B. White)
81. Not Wanted On The Voyage (Timothy Findley)
82. Of Mice And Men (Steinbeck)
83. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
84. Wizard’s First Rule (Terry Goodkind)
85. Emma (Jane Austen)
86. Watership Down(Richard Adams)
87. Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
88. The Stone Diaries (Carol Shields)
89. Blindness (Jose Saramago)
90. Kane and Abel (Jeffrey Archer)
91. In The Skin Of A Lion (Ondaatje)
92. Lord of the Flies (Golding)
93. The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)
94. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
95. The Bourne Identity (Robert Ludlum) I did not even know this was a book:)
96. The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton)
97. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
98. A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
99. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield)
100. Ulysses (James Joyce)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Eat, Pray, Love on my list to read. Why aren't you seeing Annie Modesitt at the Knit-In right now? I wanted to hear about it from someone. Thanks for all of the nice, kind comments, Stacey. You are a sweetie.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think one of the things I didn't like about the last secret pal thing that I did was that I didn't get to know my secret pals very well - and I so wanted to get to know them better! I don't send emails very often, because while I receive any messages sent to that account, I don't sign onto it very often (only have internet at work and so forward my messages, but then I can't reply). So, questions, comments, etc., are welcome there, and I will try and respond here, or take my laptop somewhere and get on that account. Wow, long, boring explanation. Sorry.

I love sock yarn! I think because it comes in so many luscious flavors, and the yarns feel so good, and you can buy just a skein or two for a project, instead of just random skeins that sit in your stash looking pretty. I am still pretty new to knitting socks, though, having just finished my second pair (yay! Another pair finished! It was actually the first pair I started on, but I knit a different pair in between). I am working on a fast pattern right now, and hope to have that pair done this weekend. I want to do another quick pair, but am really itching to expand my knitting skills and so am thinking of starting some other projects - like a sweater. Oh, and finishing up some of those UFO's. I love starting projects. And also, it seems that all of my friends are having or have just had babies, so I want to get some things done for them. Many of them live in Texas, though, and what do you knit for people who live in Texas?! I don't have any kids yet.

I hope you are having a great weekend! cheers, LnV pal

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time I have knitted with very gggod yarn was some year and half ago with alpaca from Finland! Oh, what a joy!

5:41 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Oh L N V pal!! Thank you for the information - I just love getting to know new peeps in the knitting world!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Here a note from your secret pal! LOL! I have been offline for a while, due to a happy reason... which I will directly answer your question. I have three teens, and a baby - our youngest is nine days old today.

Reading... that has been a while, though the day that our son was born I had a book with me, as labour had to be induced (my kids never come spontaneously) I had an oldie with me, that I once borrowed from my father. The swedish title is Driver Dagg, Faller Regn, translated into your language: when the thaw is hanging, rain will be falling. I have read this book for the xth time, but it stays beautiful.

Knitting... From time to time I test knit for designers, and at the moment I am working on a pair of socks for my second son (I have one daughter and three sons) out of left-over balls; Trekking XXL 122 and Opal Pfau. It turns out to be a nice combination, and with the little pattern in it, it gets a special effect as well.

My favourite colour is green - though at the moment I totally enjoy the tree behind our house that is blossoming in pink - in a few weeks the leaves will turn red. I don't have pets - two of my kids have asthma, but enjoy the visitors in my little garden. (birds in my apple tree :-) ) For the rest: I love to write poetry and short stories from time to time. The only thing you won't find out yet is in which country I live!

Love, Your secret Pal

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home