Peaknit

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ripple-icious Shizzle

holiday pics 298
I went back to the closing yarn store yesterday - I was happy to be saving but again, felt like such a vulture. I have literally "circled town" a few times to try to see if the store it open, their hours have always been a little hard to gauge for me. I could feel wings sprouting as I snuck in for some bargains. I'm sad for the owner but she wants to sell her remaining inventory, right? So I talked myself into thinking "why not me?" I was inspired to go back to scoop on some Cascade 220 after seeing the crocheted ripple afgan all over blogland. Check out this one and this one, oh and this one and this one. Holy crap, there is a whole KAL over here.

Aren't they funky, fun and wee bit retro? Do I make one big enough for my bed (which would probably lead to paint and carpet somehow), or should I make a lap one for using on the couch?? I just love the fun, simple lines. I ordered the book today.

Anyways, now to learn how to crochet:) Now wait, I have crocheted...um, a scarf. But I aught to be a pro after this huh? Crocheting does seem to go much faster - though how fast can a blanket this size go? This does seem like a nice and fairly mindless go-to project in between stuff (like socks!). It might seem silly to make an afgan with summer around the bend but if I work on it in the basement, which is perpetually cool - I could use it to keep warm while still being cool - and taking advantage of the much bigger TV down there. Aren't I just amazing at justification?

Runagogo update - 10.5 miles to go to reach my goal by Sunday, whew - I will make it at the buzzer.

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Great Job on the Runagogo!! I stalled, quite a bit short. But I'm going to try to get to 100 within the first week. I got my perfect laminated card today!! Thank you so much!! I will use it often, I know!

9:14 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Great job on your 100 miles!!!
Your ripple will be beautiful! If only I new how to crochet!@

10:04 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Way to go on the 100 miles! I love the ripple blankets, too bad I don't know how to crochet.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Just few days ago I ordered new book - once I started now I can't stop myself!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth do you pick the colors for the blankets....that is my question.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! That looks like fun. I am jealous of those ripples, I may have to jump in.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

bwahahaha! ripple-icious, indeed! i tell you, those colors are like potato chips. you'll start out with some and then be like, hmm...needs more [insert color]. i don't even need to tell you about obsession. but way to go on the runagogo! woo hoo! crochet is easy. seriously. just get yourself a good crochet hook cuz that whole ripple business? takes quite a toll on the fingers if you have a crap hook. just sayin'. wheeee!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home