Peaknit

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Third time is a charm...and bad things do come in three...I hope

Well, my ripple afghan is making some progress at last and I mean progress as in one color just about done. It took me three tries, but I think I know how to double crochet now. So 1 ripple done...um, 50 to go? Maybe 100? egads...

The week has also been challenging to the pocketbook. First my vehicle needed some work - okay, maintenence but still. Then my husband's "check engine" light went on - well, what does that really mean anyways? Then the icing is that our basement water pump burned out and my craft room got partially flooded. Waaa. But I am truly seeing the bright side as in new paint and maybe new carpet? I have been daydreaming a lot lately about my home workspace as I see studios like this and this and my gosh, this one. Okay, nothing so fabulous as that but a couple of purty throw rugs aught to bring some life into my basement hideaway right? And for now my whole room has been hurled into the main living space, so what better time to purge and reorganize. It's just amazing what you find when you are forced to run look. I choose think it's karma.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way to look on the bright side and take this as an opportunity to reorganize. But I'm sorry it had to happen this way.

Any time you're in California, come by and we'll have a stash roll. We just have to get rid of my husband as I don't think he knows the full extent of my yarn habit!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sounds like quite the week. My car spent the week in the shop, too. :-( At least I got it back in time to drive up to WI for the Sat. Brewers game and Easter!

Reorganization can be very fun. I'm embarking on a big office/craft room project myself.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping this time next year I'll have my own craft studio!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home