Peaknit

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ah...saturday

Saturday for us means soccer - for now. My seven-year-old is off for a game with her dad while I man the little one. I have been feeling under the weather with some virus that my husband graciously gave me - so I am glad to stay inside this morning.

I haven't really been doing any new knitting - just turned the heel on my second bird of paradise sock - I want to get this done before more installments come. I just love Sundara yarn - but I am sure I have said that before. I could be the the toe by the end of the weekend if I play my cards right.

camera
I got this new camera yesterday. After searching the web for the best deal - my husband supported this purchase. See, he gets a new wetsuit for his triathalons and I get this toy. It is awes-inspiring. I have taken pictures of my girls on the swingset - but now I need to read the tome that came with it to figure out how to get pictures off (which is why I would take a picture of my new camera with my old camera...), there is a lot of homework with this bad boy.

I have seen pictures taken with a similar camera over at Superhero Journal and splityarn, I salivate. Just holding this fancy schmancy camera brings back memories of toting one around as a faux journalist for the highschool newpaper, pathetic attempts at developing my own pictures - the pungent smell of the darkroom - being 17 and in the darkroom... Anyways, I think taking pictures of odd nothings has became a quiet curiosity for me, especially since I started blogging - and now my pictures have a chance to look maybe a little less odd and whole lot less like nothing. However, for now the jury is out.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got a new camera yesterday too! I've been lusting after a DSLR for ages and we finally splurged on a Canon XTi. The battery's charging now and I'm trying to get through the novel that came with it. So far I've managed to figure out how to turn it on :). Can't wait to see the pictures that come out of yours!

I hope you feel better soon and have a relaxing weekend!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice new camera! I've had ours about 5 years and I'm still figuring out everything it can do.

Feel better soon!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Love your new camera! I can't wait to see some of the photos you come up with!
Oh, how I remember the smell of dark rooms too! Something to be said about watching your photos come to life! :)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray fir new camera!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:28 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

it looks all super secret - "removed by the blog administrator" - the comments were about my post at Destash...didn't mean it to look so official...:)

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great camera! You'll love it!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home