Peaknit

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Celebrity sighting...

I met up with Susie from Susan B. Anderson on Sunday at the LYS. She wrote Itty Bitty Hats and has Itty Bitty Nursery coming out this fall, maybe September 3rd? I learned to knit in Susie's shop maybe four or five years ago, some things from Susie herself - so it was fun to get together and talk knitting. PLUS I got a secret peek into her new manuscript - wee! The projects are darling! I don't plan on having any more kids but I love knitting for babies - so I will definitely be picking this book up in fall. She has such a flair for details - she is not afraid to change up colors and weave ends or sew a seam - her softies are darling, kind of this one she posted on her blog.

I even got to touch several of her new ideas for a book she is creating with projects for adults and children due out maybe in '08? I felt like a kid in a candy store. The candy store happened to be a yarn store - OMG. A yarn store with a coffee bar in it - can you say limeade? mmm, so good. It was wonderful to have a couple of hours of knitty girl talk with someone who truly appreciates the craft and brings such delightful creativity. Thanks for the meet up, Susie!

On a side note, I am temporarily abandoning Monkey until I can decide on the right pattern for my Vintage Yarntini - this yarn deserves to be "just right". In the meantime, I have started Pomatomus in some Interlacements - it's a little slow going with the kids running about and American Idol needing my full attention last night. Okay, well, not exactly. But this pattern means paying attention - I think any Cookie A. pattern means "just say no" to multi-tasking.

gummie muse
...interlacements...good enough for a nibble?


And one more thing...want some eye candy? Maybe a nifty screen wallpaper? Check this out over at Scout's...make's you want to have a Cosmo or eat a pansey - they are edible you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brena said...

I've seen some really great Vintage Jaywalkers.

11:45 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

how fun to meet up with susan anderson! that must have been awesome!
love the pomatomus socks!....

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home