Peaknit

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Blow me down. I got the nicest package today - well, plural actually. Christine, known as CBknits and I had a little swap of our own - I was her "person" for the Knit Mitt Kit Swap, and we have kept in touch. She offered up a skein of June Carter Cider Moon in trade for something from my stash - I jumped on that and now, gosh, I hope she is 1/3 as happy with her package as I am with mine from her - she spoiled the pants off of me.

cider moon
Cider Moon - it is gorgeous beyond words and after a little hunting around, I think it might ultimately make some great Campfire Socks. Or perhaps another Calorimetry?

Then...
heather
Some All Things Heather freaking gorgeous supersock merino. She included this wrapped in birthday paper - which at first stumped me...I mean, my birthday is coming up. She's good - she knew that! Bravo Christine! What a wondeful, thoughtful surprise.

And wait, this may very well be the crowning piece...
spindle
Can you see that pretty spindle in there? I am having way too much fun with my camera - and the perfect occasion. She got me a louet drop spindle kit at a Sheep and Wool Festival near her home on the East Coast. I can't tell you how many spindles I have had in my cart over at Helloyarn, only to chicken out. She also included some other special little goodies, loose leaf tea, some nice opaque nail polish and funky buffer - just in time for sandal season. This surprise box positively rocks! Now CB, I think you need to get blogging so everyone can appreicate your knitting awesomeness! :) Thank you for making me feel a little like a pampered celebrity today!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have some of that June Carter too. I love it!

You got good and spoilt today. And I'm eagerly awaiting my Petals package.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really are spoiled! Great for you! And you have amazing taste for coloureway!

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked everything! Can't wait to see how the All things Heather yarn knits up, and how you do with that spindle. Just remember it's called a drop spindle for a reason :)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, your photography is soooo good! I am clearly jealous, in a good way, and I know think I have to get one of those cameras. I may be in touch about that. I love your gifts.

12:46 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

thank you for that sock pattern link. It may be what I need to make a pair for my dad - if the yarn arrives.
Gorgeous pics.
Let us know how the spindle goes cause it looks like fun

8:10 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

YOu've gotta hurry and knit the Cider Moon. It's so pretty! My cursor keeps hovering over Cider Moon at the Loopy Ewe! I 'll wait for your "review". :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love my Campfire Socks and they knit up very quickly!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home