Peaknit

Saturday, May 05, 2007

miso-delighted

apriltini
I received my first installment of Yarntini's sock club through pureknits yesterday. Holy cow - Jessie you have outdone yourself. I love the self-striping pure breeze. It is so refreshing - I can almost smell the summer air. This yarn came right after a yoga practice where we visualized the ocean waves flowing in and out with our breaths during savasana (try this, it truly can be relaxing). The ocean waves became personafied when I unwrapped this yarn. I would like to make a plain pair of stockinette - something zen that I can knit wherever. Seems fitting. I was too excited to wait for a sunshiney day to photograh the fiber - it may be even more clear and crisp in person - it's like sea glass.

miscrafty
Also included was a gorgeous bag from misocrafty - I have coveted these bags - and not for nothing. It is so crisp and pretty, the colors coordinate beautifully with the Yarntini. Also included was a sock book by Lucy Neathby, some of yarntini's signature lipbalm in a comforting coconut scent to compliment the yarn... Wait, can you hear the steel drums? This kit is delightfully sensory for me. There was also a SOAK sample packette and some cute stitch markers. All in all, a lovely sock surprise!

Now if I could just have some knitting content right? I am going to be turning the heel of my Pomatomus tonight, so maybe I'll have something to show. It has been a week of goodies, now I need to buckle down and get knitting!

Anyone have any thoughts about the latest Interweave Knits? I feel kind of "eh". I like the Josephine top but I am probably too busty to pull it off. I also like the Ogee Lace Skirt but where would I wear that? It is probably too hip for small town America...could I be a trendsetter? Not so much. And the Spiral Boot Socks are nice but I'm not sure I have the stick-to-it-tiveness to finish knee high socks. We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful combination of blues I have ever seen, so lovely. Yarntini yarn is the best. Thanks for sharing. Love the bag, too. Have a good weekend.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Not to be to negative, but I hated almost every single item in the new IK. After loving the last 2 issues. I'm sure glad I'm not the only one...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home