Peaknit

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Day to Me!

balcon

I hope it is not wrong to pimp your own birthday...I'm simply so happy to have time away from work and a little sunshine doesn't hurt.

On my 8th birthday, I got a baby sister. How many people can say that? She was technically born at 12:22 am on May 18th - so just missed me - but my mom went into labor on my birthday, so close enough. Anyways, as my sister and I have grown older (though she will quickly remind you that she is much younger!:) we have started to enjoy celebrating our tandem birthdays more - kind of a drag as a kid, sharing cakes and comparing gifts. We went with our dh's to a fabulous Italian restaurant Tuesday night, Portabella. This was actually almost supposed to be a surprise for my sister and was a treat from my sister's dh. It was fun to be silly and have a cocktail together - getting older isn't so bad. She just called and sang me happy birthday - guess I am up for tomorrow? poor kid.

Now I am off for some shopping in Galena, IL with one of my most special girlfriends! Bobbi Brown counter here I come! And maybe that fernleaf peony will fall in my car? Tonight I hope to enjoy my well behaved children and some sugary cake! buttercream frosting...

By tomorrow I hope to show my first finished Yartini club sock! I might just try the next one on two circs to shake it up a bit!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And Happy Birthday to your sister too!

My brother was born four days after my birthday when I was 11. We had joint parties growing up and it was kind of a bummer when I was 16 and had a bunch of 5 year olds running around. Now I just see it as super easy to remember his birthday! He'll be 16 this year and that's really scary.

Have fun shopping! Get lots of good stuff and enjoy your time off of work. Mmmmm... cake... have a bite for me please :). Can't wait to see the sock!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Congratulations on another successful mission completely around the sun!!!!!! Lucky Duck! I love Galena...and butter cream frosting. Have a wonderful celebration!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day!!! Enjoy your time off, buy something and think of me :) Christine

9:36 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Happy birthday! Can't wait to see your finished yarntini sock. It'll be the first finished sock club sock!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you a wonderful day full of many wonderful surprises:)

9:57 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day, and treat yourself to something fun.

That's cool that you and your sister's bdays are right next to each other (now, as grown-ups, as you point out). My mom's birthday was the day after mine, which I always thought was cool.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy that Bobbi Brown counter. So fun.

And I can't wait to see your Yarntini socks!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy b-day!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and your little sister too!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Stacey! Have fun in Galena.
susie

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You share your birthday with Princess Máxima of The Netherlands, and with my cousin :-) I hope though that it will be a joyous and festive one. Lots of love!
Your secret pal

3:41 PM  
Blogger Suzeq22knits said...

Happy Birthday!

6:15 PM  
Blogger bbieberitz said...

Well happy birthday to you. What, 27??

7:12 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

hope you and your sister had a wonderful celebration!!!

There is nothing like a sister! :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Sooo not wrong to pimp your own Bday! I pimped mine (mine was yesterday! Yeah May babies!)! When else do you get to be the center of attention and have a special day? Make the most of it! Love the Yarn! I got yarn for my Bday too! Can't wait to see your Dahlia socks! I cant decide how to mod mine yet!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home