Peaknit

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pure Breeze Yarntini - one down, one to go

purebreeze1

I love this yarn, it is so fresh! I can hear steel drums and taste a margarita. I used Wendy Johnson's generic toe-up pattern. My ideas of granduer - to make a picot edge were forgotten, so I finished with a little 3 x 3 rib. I'm not crazy about how my heel came out a little "meh" at the gusset. I started on dpn's but after breaking yet another, I switched up to two addi turbo circulars - where have these been all of my knitting life? Waaaay faster than my sticky bamboos of choice. I will not give up on dpns because I just like how they feel but for a "vanilla" sock where the stitches can fly by without a lot of concentration, addi's might just step up the speed a bit.

So what's next? My other Pomatomus? The other Yartnini? I'm think Yarntini will be cast on to keep as my TV knitting, and then I should cast on my other Pomatomus...but Sundara's April installment beckons. So Dahlia here I come? I just love the choices knitting brings for me - they are all good.

purebreeze2

I also got some wonderful handmade soap yesterday from Nell over at Chicken Knits - she has opened an etsy shop. Limey Coconut and Somali Rose from BrownBag Soap...both positively delicious.

nellsoap

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the links. And I'm thrilled that you like the soaps!

Love that yarntini sock. I have to finish a couple things before casting on but your sock really makes me want to get started!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Lovely! My Yarntini sock will hopefully look just the same :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Pretty sock! I can see why you have those daydreams when looking at that color!

4:10 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Oh - that sock just screams summer! I love it

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really can knit sock so fast! Cool coloureway!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Nice work. I think you should stay the course - FOs come so much more quickly when you do them one at a time! I find that if I wait too long between pieces of the same FO (like a pair of socks) I forget all those little teeny tiny "adjustments" (mistakes) that I made on the first one...

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home