Peaknit

Sunday, June 10, 2007

baby did a bad, bad thing.

I have kind of "prided" myself on typically not starting a new project before finishing another - even if it is just one sock (like that lone Pomatomus awaiting a mate...). I do have some unfinished stuff, but usually I just decide, "meh, don't like it" and when I grow tired or uncertain it may "marinate". Unfinished cast off sounds so dirty.

This weekend my pride is of no apparent relevance - I have three projects going at once - egads. First, my second Campfire Sock is on the needles. Next, I have my Clapotis about 1/2 done - realizing of course it will not be useful until fall. So really, no hurry there right?

clap1

And today I cast on my third project - the Fitted Tank by Blue Sky Alpacas in pickle green. Omigosh, I could not help myself. I ordered the tank kit from kpixie and could not leave it alone. I am already plotting a skirt to go with.

bsapickle

ftpattern

So three projects! I plan to frog something in honor of my triple play - kind of a deal with the Knitting Bandit. I have a Grape Ape Jaywalker past the heel - and the heel seems, well, baggy. I think the size 2 needles I have used are really more like a 2 1/2 - is there such a thing? So anyways, the Jay has to go - I cannot waste Yarntini on a sock I may never finish, right?! So to the pond with you!

Photo proof to follow!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that Blue Sky Alpaca Tank. And the green is perfect for summer.

Starting new things is fine. Just make sure you go back to the old when you get a chance.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I have the same multiple projects guilt - at least you've got 3 beautiful things to knit, right? Embrace the loveliness!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You're knitting along on all of those projects awfully quickly, so you won't have to feel guilty for long! The Clapotis is looking gorgeous; I may have to break down and finally make one.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I love that green color. I am just learning how to sew to I look forward to making some skirts. I love those that you have linked.

8:46 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

I loose sleep over having to many projects on my needles! Honestly!

I want to make that tank too....with a skirt! TOO cute!

10:23 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Very cute!! I get multi project guilt as well, but as you said each are so different.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that tank pattern but I haven't knitted it yet. Let me know how it goes! I'm loving your Clapotis. I have waaay more than three projects going at a time, don't feel bad.
Love that skirt, too, very sassy.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

You are totally on roll!!!! Tank is gonna be great!!!!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the green tank. Did you say you got the kit from kpixie? Cause I didn't see it there. I think I need to see a better picture of that pattern. It looks cute.

And I was just listening to Chris Isaak today so the post title made me laugh.

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

11:23 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I guess since you've been such a "bad, bad " baby I'll have to call the whole thing off. If only you hadn't cast on that last project, I would've joined you in the frog pond.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Okay, I can't stay mad at you or blame you for my cold feet. Not when you have such good taste. I love that green! It's perfect for that pattern.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3? And guilt... that's a bit cute ;) I have 3 in my purse right now! And I'm actually going to casting on a Clapotis in the near future.

Blame Ravelry. I love Jess, but this stuff is evil.

Thank you for being an incredible secret pal! I'm so glad to have another knit buddy. :D

11:53 AM  
Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Aye! Your right! Lovely yearn and whatever happend to Yarntini, are the yarns still around! I want more!!!!!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home