Peaknit

Thursday, June 07, 2007

what am I?

noro4what

7 skeins of Noro Silk Garden in some fiery reds, oranges and other some other more eathy tones...Who guessed Clapotis? I have dropped my fourth stitch - it's a wierd business - dropping stitches on purpose. I am torn about it, Silk Garden might be more rustic than I was hoping but other Claps in the same yarn are hot! It is damn boring knitting but I couldn't help myself...I crave the point (about every 12 rows or so) where I can slip a stitch off of the needle into oblivion. I have been like a squirrel collecting nuts for winter - each time I get to my LYS I would grab a skein of #84. One shade of pink makes me think of some great lipstick each time I get to it - pucker up!

I'm excited - I just learned that my last post inspired someone to join Paperbackswap.com - woot woot! I have received three books in pristine shape this week and sent two more out - I *heart* books! If you mosey over to A Caffienated Yarn - check out Jodi's pretty sock in the Cider Moon Magnolia colorway - it rocks. I ran right over to Cider Moon - because I am going to need some of that plus Asbury Park - and their store is empty until June 18...*sob*...more time to fantasize about all of the pretty colors.

Yay! Another PBSer!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So pretty! I've never knit with Noro. (Say that 5 times fast) But the colors are always so pretty.

And I joinged paperbackswap too! I have a book on it's way!

8:10 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Very pretty , that will look great all knit up!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a drooling yarn! But I am voting against Clapotis - this is great shawl, but there are soooo many of that in the world ... and there are sooooooo many amazing lacey scarves...

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is going to look amazingly beautiful with this most awesome yarn - I'm looking forward to seeing more of it! Noro rocks big time! Happy Knitting!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Thanks for the mention and link! You certainly did inspire me!

I love that shade of Silk Garden. It would make a gorgeous clapotis. Or something else, too. Monica over at Smoking Hot Needles has a free pattern for a pretty Sakura lace shawl that would probably adapt well to Silk Garden.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'm also making a clap out of silk garden. Yes, very boring knit, but I love dropping the stitches!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Gorgeous! Silk Garden is such a pretty yarn.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Sad but true that some of the most beautiful finished pieces are so boring to knit! I think that yarn is stunning!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a Clapotis a couple of years ago and it continues to be my favorite winter wrap. It was well worth the pain and I plan on making another one soon. That is gorgeous yarn and I love how you piece-mealed it together.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home