Peaknit

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

peony

peony

oh peony, lay down your head. one of my favorite flowers - gone in an instant but i love their laziness, the huge flowers swaying in the breeze. they are so relaxing, sleepy, just bobbing along - they are the start of summer to me. i was so happy to see them today when i got home, their tight, perfectly round buds had made way for the feathery flower... almost like an exhalation - ahh...

I also got a package today - a bound book of patterns created by my Secret Pal - it is such a delight to see anything with "the netherlands" stamped on it - how exciting! I'm so curious about the rest of the world. One of the patterns is for a sock (naturally:) - Crocus Fields in the Early Spring - how befitting my flowerful day. Thank you pal! I think I will be making several of the patterns - fingerless mitts - I was such an addict over the winter - surely I see some more holiday gifts forming, and a scarf "with little flowers" ironically. I am filled with anticipation of the hint of a package that is coming along behind - hmmm...*wee*

Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback - I shall knit on towards the toe of my Campfire Sock.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you were a Limited girl, too. My peonies should open tomorrow. I know how you feel when you see them. Love the Campfire sock, I am glad you are going to finish up.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty flower. Peonies and ranunculus are two of my favorites.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that the patterns arrived safely :-) Hopefully the package will follow soon as well - it is on its way.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting for you to know something yummy this way comes! Show us the details book and other goodies plz:)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Ooh, thanks for posting the peony - ours haven't come out yet. sad.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home