Peaknit

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Podcasts rule and fathers too!

Do you ever wake up and feel like you have clouds in your noggin? This morning was just one of those days - I think it is allergy season. Of course today I was communion assistant and brain power could have helped - but I made it. I only spilled a little...

Anyways, I listened to the latest Inspiration Wednesday podcast yesterday - my friend Susan B. Anderson, author of Itty Bitty Hats was the featured interview! I really enjoyed the format of the program and it was only 30 minutes - some podcasts get longer and I have to break them up. It was nice to sit back a squeeze in a whole show - and it was Susie, so extra bonus. (She mentioned my blog in her interview, I was swooning - thank you friend!) So I think I have a new podcast to download weekly - the interviews feature a more wide range of crafters - so not just knitting, but still a treat:) Susie talked about her upcoming book Itty Bitty Nursery - go check out her blog, she has posted some pictures of what is to come. I must make that chicken! Now the dilemma, to pre-order or not to pre-order. I am such a book junkie - I will be infinitely disappointed if I find it locally and have to wait for my Amazon pre-order to come...

Lest I forget...Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful dads out there! (including my own! Hi Frank!)

fathersday
Here's my dh following a particularly rigorous game of monkey pile - definitely a "dad game"! You can even find his blog here - he is training for a 1/2 Iron Man right now and has hopes for all the marbles next summer in Madison. I think he is a little crazy. But, then wouldn't you have to be to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 and then close with a 26.1 run, em marathon?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your husband is so cute. And pile on Daddy is such a fun game when you're a kid.

Congrats on the shout out from Susan! That's so exciting.

The destash is going to be fun. But I'm a little attached to my yarn. And I'm trying to find the ones I'm willing to part with. Sigh...

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those daddy piles are always fun.. good luck to your DH in his quest to conquer the Iron Man!

I read Memory Keeper's Daughter a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.. a very quick read. I'll be interested in what you have to say about it when you are completed.

On a different note and in the search of endless knowledge, visit my blog, I've recently TAGGED you!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home