Peaknit

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Socks Club Spoils and a finished project...

cfsocks

I finished my second Campfire Sock today - what a fun, fast and cozy sock project. I think they even look cool inside out. They are knit on a size 4 dpn, so they are a quick knit - or I am sure they would have been if I would have stayed focused - but what's that? I think they took me 3 weeks. I love the Cider Moon Glacier and can't wait to try another project with it. And FYI, it's on sale through July 6 - 20% off! Does that happen to you too? As soon as you buy something, it goes on sale? You pull into a long line at the drive-through or the bank and no one pulls in behind you? I call it my day-late-dollar-short syndrome, I fall victim to it's clutches regularly - maybe it's really "glass half empty" malady sneaking in? I need to pay attention to that... So anyways, barely a pair off of the needles and then I get these...

First up Sundara - a gorgeous royal blue with bits of purple. I had to really unfocus my eyes to see the grape it so do deliciously subtle. The pattern is really a sweet spot in this package. The cables and grape hyacyinth "balls" go right down the ankle and into the heel. It looks complicated but Sundara promises a beginner could do it.

grapehyacinth

Then Scout's Swag sent this...

scoutswagjune

The pattern is a Cookie A. original. It is simply amazing...look here for a clearer picture - it's worth a peek! And there is a similarity - again unfocus your eyes - in the two patterns, as the cables stretch right down to the heel. The colorway is Kizkalesi - a semi-solid turquoise. It makes me imagine an ocean wave sliding into the beach - so clear and deep.

The colorways are both in the blue family but couldn't be any more different. *wee* And now, I can rest while I wait for my pureknits package to come with some special yarntini inside...for now I am going to put my feet up!

cfsocks1

4 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

Gorgeous stuff and gorgeous picturs, as usual!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great! That's a pattern I'd like to try.
I'm sad I didn't get into the Sundara sock club.. there was some miscommunication and my name fell through the cracks. :( Oh well.. next time.
The Yarntini one? Oh yeah.. I wanted that too.. but couldn't believe the price! By the time I convinced myself to buy into it, it was sold out. You snooze you lose!
Much to my hubby's dismay, I no longer think twice when I hear sock club! I signed up for Woolgirl's last week? LOL!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Whoa! Those are some amazing yarns! And your socks look fantastic.

I think it's funny that you found my blog from my Meathead on Ravelry--because I've often followed you back to your blog from comments you've left on Chicken Knits! It's a small knitting world.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Glad you like it! Did you see the better print out of the sock?

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home