Peaknit

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Mojito anyone?

mojito3

I got my Yarntini sock club goodie box yesterday! I love this yarn, called, you guesed it - Mojito. It came with some mojito lipgloss, a clever Yarntini touch and an extra tag with a Mojito recipe on it, I will totally be shaking up that summery concoction. Just need to get some mint leaves...

Also included was a neat pattern Pure Cricosaura by Ericka Seelinger, it has a unique texture and a lace panel up the back. pureknits also stuck in some size 1 rosewood dpns - that is a material I have yet to break, so we'll see:) And I do not have any size ones - can you imagine? I knit so darn tight though I usually need them a bit bigger. And does everyone do a gauge swatch for socks? Em, cause I don't. Maybe I should.

So, lots of love for yet another sock club installment. I need the two month break to figure out what's next! And I need to try to restrain myself from buying any more yarn - I think I could knit a house cozy. But isn't that Bikini Bottom over at Cider Moon look sweet? And it's on sale until Thursday, in case you were interested. I think I am drawn by the Sponge Bob reference. and I think I am a creature of little restraint. God grant m the serenity...

mojito2

Surfing over to Cider Moon I found this free sock pattern - isn't it saucy?

btw, I didn't buy anything:)

9 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

The yarn is GORGEOUS! I have got to get me some Yarntini...or at least a mojito! :0)

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww it's gorgeous! I am TOTALLY kicking myself for NOT taking part in this sock club. Ugh!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...love mojitos and love that yarn!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Cute photo! It goes well with those other fiberlicious! photos people have been posting :)

10:30 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Great photo, it'll really fit with the fiberlicious stuff that's popping up all over.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Beautiful yarn...I may have to make a mojito in celebration!

11:58 AM  
Blogger jo-na said...

wow. i don't knit (yet?), but if i did, mojito would be first on my list. i can supply mint - ours is going crazy!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Looks like greatyarn. What a wonderful color. Just a suggestion. If you plant mint under your outside taps in the summer it loves water and florishes. Then when you step in it to turn on the tap the lovely smell of mint fills the air. You might want to plant some for the next mojito.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I love this colour very much. Wat is the brand ?

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home