Peaknit

Thursday, July 12, 2007

mystery stole progress...or lack there of?

Yikes! Tomorrow is clue day and I'm only 1/2 way through clue #2! Eek - better get a move on. I'm happy with it so far - but for me lace is so elusive, I knit a couple of rows and then unknit one - somehow, do you think it is possible that I forget how to count while knitting lace? I'll get to the center stitch on the chart and then - wtf? I have extra stitches. I'm so thankful for blogland - people are posting great pictures of their progress and I am able to "see" what I am doing, I rely very much on visual learning. In spite of it all...it's been pretty amazing learning to read lace, it's getting better as I go. I hope to post a picture this weekend of my complete clue #2. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

So tonight, I will climb the mountain fellow Tour De France KAL-ers!

Incidentally, my husband works for Trek which provides the equipment for the Discovery Channel team - what a struggle, lots of painful things happening - good luck out there fellas!

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntly H said...

I find this to be a very solitary project - can't have distractions! Keep knitting! you'll get there.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I actually find the stole very addicting but I have learned the hard way in the past to never knit lace when I'm sleep deprived. Can't wait to pick it up again shortly...I'm only 4 rows into clue #2 with #3 posted today.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Came by your blog via the tdfkal, good luck with the lace. I don't know if it's too late to enter your contest but my favourite sock pattern so far (I haven't knit many socks!) is the Lombard Street socks on magknits.com.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

[sorry to provide distraction by introducing you to the lovely minmknits! That seraphim shawl IS lovely though...]

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home