Peaknit

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Adventures in fabric

I finished a quick sewing project for a bridal shower. I had purchased a mundane, but sturdy fry pan, so it needed a little something to jazz up the gift.

apron

It is a short pleated apron from Amy Butler's In Stitches. It was a simple project - er, would have been more so had I not been entirely AWOL from my dear sewing machine in the past couple of years. I am all about making mistakes so I can learn from them...again. Anyways, the recipient is my sister-in-law to be. We have the most domestically gifted mother-in-law - she makes everything pretty and delicious, quite simply she is a tough act to follow in the kitchen. So, the occasion seemed deserving of an equally domestic but whimsical apron and matching hotpad.

potholder

It is a gorgeous day. Unfortunately the shower is a bit of a drive and I am with the kids while my husband does some ridiculously long training event prior to his 1/2 iron man, so I am missing out on the cake and incriminating tales. Maybe even a game of "let's make a wedding dress out of toliet paper"? I'll need some details. I hope the shower is wonderful and brings lots of fun "just married" sort of fare! Good luck Jo and Bro (in-law)!

And in knit news - good thind I signed up for the Polka Dot jersey in Tour De France KAL because I am challenged. I had to rip back to my safety line, thank god I had one in there between clues. egads, I think it may drive me to drink - at least I'll be climbing some mountains!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Amy Butler anything. Great apron! I need to finish a variety of sewing projects, though I haven't gotten out my sewing machine since my class ended. Knitting is just so much more portable. :)

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the apron! So much to catch up on with your blog. Okay, once again I am jealous of your OWN yarntini color, what? You are the luckiest knitter in the world. It is so beautiful, too. Your lace is lovely and happy anniversary on your blog. I started my blog because I read your blog. You continue to inspire me Stacey. Keep on writing and sharing, please.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So flippin' cute!!! I'm sure she'll love it. And it'll definitely jazz up that frying pan. It's not an exciting gift but one that will get a TON of use.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Hang in there - keep going strong through the mountains. That's what this KAL is about. ;) Go maillot a pois rouges!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

great sewing projects! I really like your fabric choice. And you're so inspiring in your tour de france KAL. I think all I could manage would be a hotdog eating contest KAL!

7:11 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

What a wonderful addition to her gift!
I love the fabric so much....
Too stinkin cute.........
Something she will have for YEARS!

7:46 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Love the apron and ovenmitt, it's perfect kitchen fabric!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

You are an inspiration! I'm excited to do some sewing soon, too, between the big climbs. :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

oooooo, I LUV that apron and hotpad! Great work! The fabric is FAB! And she is going to love it!

Jill

3:13 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

How cute! I love the fabric too! Great job. I spent the weekend in the basement quilting where it was cool! :-)

8:47 PM  
Blogger jo-na said...

wow! it's awesome to have an admiring audience for my new apron and hot pad! they are even more beautiful in person. the colors are perfect, the pattern is perfect, and i can't believe it has your own personal label on it! by the way, the chef's pan, though less colorful, is also exciting- it's the perfect size for making spaghetti sauce from scratch, or risotto (when i learn how). i love it!

sorry you couldn't join us but i know it would have been a long hot drive with the peanuts in tow. mb and i will see you in 2 weeks to cheer on your accomplished husband at his half-ironman!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home